Updated: Dec 16, 2020
The Quest continues through Christmas offering a welcome respite from the merry-go-round of celebrations and events. Admittedly it can be difficult to keep the momentum going, but it’s good to be reminded of the importance of what I’m creating and to keep my focus.
The beauty of Quest is that it is a planning and visualisation process for the year ahead which is separate from the cliched NY resolutions so often made and failed. I’ll post about NY resolutions in a few days.
This week’s Quest instigation for #FutureFriday is to consider one project we’d like to Make or at least make a lot of progress on.
Project: Making Coach Tim
This is my project for 2019 because it touches so many of my other goals for the transition ahead. It supports my desire to create a coaching practice, a soul-venture and a men’s group. If I were to add one extra goal to my longer list it will be to manifest the Chief Examiner post of the industry association, which again will benefit from my coaching skills.
3 Milestones for 2019
By the end of Q1, I would like to have gathered 5 testimonials from my free coaching and either convert those relationships to ’for fee’ or complete the process with them.
During this time I would like to establish a new structure for my work as an employee.
By Quarter 3:
Earlier in Quest I had noted my desire to create 5 coaching clients in the year. I would like to create 5 clients by Q3:2019. This will give me sufficient time to re-organise my time and my priorities to fit these clients into my schedule.
In this Quarter I would like to have practiced my coaching skills on 5 people at the 4 day industry conference.
By Quarter 4:
By the end of the year I would like to have completed a certified course in coaching. This isn‘t essential but will help to validate skills for work in the Corporate sector. I’m very interested in Brene Brown’s Leadership course for 2020 and that would require a certification.
Reading List 2019
• Braiding Sweetgrass, Kimmerer - keeps me connected to my plant wisdom and shamanism
• Lost Language of Plants & Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm, Buhner - passion reading
• Secret Teaching of Plants, Buhner - re-read for its wisdom on heart intelligence to link to my theme of heart based leadership
• Dare to Lead, Brown - Leadership
• Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss
• Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone by Mark
• Supercoach: 10 Secrets to Transform Anyone's Life by Michael Neill
• Success Intelligence: Essential Lessons and Practices from the World's Leading Coaching
Program on Authentic Success by Robert Holden
• The Heart of Coaching: Using Transformational Coaching to Create a High-Performance
Coaching Culture (3rd Edition) by Thomas G. Crane
• The Mindful Coach: Seven Roles for Facilitating Leader Development by Douglas K. Silsbee
• Presence-Based Coaching: Cultivating Self-Generative Leaders Through Mind, Body, and
Heart by Douglas K. Silsbee
• The Hands-of Manager: How to Mentor People and Allow Them to Be Successful by Steve
• 100 Ways To Motivate Others: How Great Leaders Can Produce Insane Results Without
Driving People Crazy by Steve Chandler
• Masterful Coaching by Robert Hargrove
Shaping Time in 2019
I have already blocked out 2 hours once a week for personal learning and connection but this time is invariably taken up by other things. I have experimented with it a bit this year and feel that two smaller blocks might be more manageable.
Given the the stress of my corporate work, the message of my Christmas break is to unwind time dedicated to this job and take - day off every two weeks starting from around the end of the first Quarter if possible. This will help create time for the other things I need to do.
Supporting the Change
I have hired a coach to support the transition this year and we speak twice a month along with our group check in.
Other supports will be the mentors I have in the industry association and that support structure will likely become more formalised if I am successful as Chief Examiner.
My Extraordinary Life community will be an important support network in 2019. Speaking to this group once per month and with different people individually will be very beneficial.
To learn more about Quest 2019, visit www.Quest2019.com or the FB Group:
Also check out Keys to Change Quester, Nancy Seibel:
I have hired a coach to support the transition this year and we speak twice a month along with our group check-in.